Tuesday, December 4, 2012

California Leads Other States in Implementation of the "Future of Nursing"

Last spring I had the privilege of convening with approximately 100 other nurses in Humboldt County, CA, to brainstorm obstacles and opportunities to implementation of the IOM's white paper report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health." I was thrilled to read the following interview and learn that California is leading the way towards healthcare change. I hope other states will jump aboard because it is exciting news for nurses and healthcare consumers alike. I am particularly interested, being a nurse educator myself, in the transitioning towards BSN degrees through articulated agreements between community colleges and state universities. How exciting to think that getting a BSN will be all the more convenient. http://news.nurse.com/article/20121203/CA02/112030017

No comments:

Post a Comment